Worth a shot, I need help, BAD

I am trying to building a little "radiator" in SW2004. Basically it is an AC heat exchanger, a bunch of fins with a tube running back and forth through them. I cannot get it to work correctly. I can use the path follow for the tube, but then when I extrude the fins they go inside the tube. Likewise I have extruded the fins, then tried to do a path follow thin feature on the tube, the fin still show up in the tube. This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am a college student designing something for a project. Is there a place online to download Automotive AC parts? I need three heat exchangers, a expansion valve, a pump and a fan.

TIA

--James

Reply to
RocknTJ

I would try sweeping the tube as a solid, extrude the fins, then shell the tube.

Jerry Steiger

I did, it came back with some error. I can't remember which one.

I think I got it. I think I know why I was having all the problems. I had fins placed on the radius of the sweeps. I think this is where the error stemmed from when trying to do it the way you mention.

Thanks,

--James

Reply to
RocknTJ

James,

You could create the tube and fins as seperate parts, bring them into an assembly, and do a cavity feature. As long as both ends of the tube are outside the fins, it should work

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Swwep the tube as solid (not hollow). Add the fins. Sweep a cut to create the inside to the tube. You'll probably have to get the sweep cut from the menu, as it's not on the toolbar by default.

Reply to
Dale Dunn