I need a little help ...............

Go look at "The Rodenator". The videos are pretty cool.

Particularly the $1895 price tag.

I think I can put one together for a whole lot less than that. I just have a few questions. The hose is quoted as "T" type. I am ass-u-ming then, that propane needs a special hose. It also needs a special regulator, which is available at their site cheaper than I can find it at some other sites checked.

I would use good ninety degree valves downstream from the mixing chamber, and flashback arrestors on each leg.

Can anyone steer me to a site for a good piezoelectric generator and igniter? I want one that is pretty hefty, but that can be run off a wire about four feet long. I am thinking of making a box of a control panel and mounting one of the heavy barbecue sparkers that has a twist dial. But, if I can find a smaller battery powered one, a push button on a 9v. battery would be a lot lighter.

I am moving soon to an area where I have gophers in my front yard. Lots of ever growing mounds. I know a lot of the local ranchers, and I think I can make some side money on this. It surely won't cost a lot to make a setup and try it. I'll have 6.13 acres total soon, and I know I'll be having a constant warfare with gophers.

Input appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Depending on availability of power, you have a number of options for an igniter. I've missed the entire thread preceding this bit, so bear with me please. It sounds like you want to build a machine to flood rodent tunnels with flammable gas and then ignite it. And hope you don't start a major brush fire in doing so. If you want to be rid of the rodents you can use any gas that will displace the oxygen and do it with no risk to unanticipated targets and no risk to property. In fact, if you want the spectacle I've decided not to tell you what would work and suggest that you rent a video instead. Brian

Reply to
brian458666

You are dead on in your observations and assumptions.

I was turned on to "The Rodenator" by a friend in southern California who has been dueling with rodents for quite a while. Traps. Road flares inserted into the holes. Flooding. All types of strategies.

He is a retired Prudential certified financial planner and his wife is retired with Bristol Myers Squibb, and between the two of them have move money than God. He finally tried this after several other approaches. Pays full boat retail. He raves, and his previously battlefield lawn looks pristine.

Enter me.

The cheapskate.

I figure I can do this for less, and now I have about 5x his property with lots of gopher infestation. Plus the neighbors I can curry favor with by dispensing of these pests.

I love barter.

For doing some rodent control, I will be inundated with fresh fruit, citrus, pony rides, and lots of yet to be determined payoffs.

I love welding, and its offshoots.

And it's real basic stuff.

Steve

Reply to