Airco Ox/Acy Torch -- How to Use? -- Ernie?

Ernie, or others,

I ran across an Airco torch with a #10 welding tip. We thought it would be neat to try welding some 1" plate, and just happened to have a pair beveled and mounted on a backing strip.

Anyway, ~10 psi Acy & ~15 psi Ox was sooty, so upped Acy to ~14 and Ox to ~22. Good flame, but a lot of pressure blowing out the tip. Could not get a weld pool, kept blowing it away, so we called a halt to our playing.

Any recommendations on settings to try? Things get plenty hot quick, and it's easy to run through the gas, so time for some help.

Thanks!

Alex

Reply to
AHS