Minimize burrs drilling Aluminum

I have a production opportunity that involves drilling 1/2" and 3/8" through holes in 2"x 2" x1/8" square Aluminum tube. I don't know the
alloy yet. The holes don't have to be burr-free but I would like to minimize the burrs without any secondary operations. The holes will be drilled with a drill press. So, I think it comes down to what type of drill bit configuration to use. Would brad-points or Forstner bits work? I looked on the web and saw all kinds of slick burr removal tools but no good answers for single operation drilling.
I bet Joe knows!

Tom, you can't eliminate the "breakout" burrs. Use the fastest feed you can to get a clean chip, and you will almost completely eliminate the burrs at the top of the hole.
Son, de-burring is part of the process. Unless you put a 'waste sheet' under the material, and drill into it past the shoulder of the bit, you're going to get burrs. And then only if it's clamped so tight to the work that there's not a chance of pushing a burr between the sheets.
LLoyd

A sacrificial piece of hardwood be sufficient? How about a drill bushing under the tube?

Either will only minimize burrs. They're an annoying fact of life.
--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
On 6/22/2014 4:18 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Well, that is the title of the thread.

Yes, but I read between the lines. You want total freedom from burrs, and that's a fact.
--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer
On 6/23/2014 9:29 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yep!

how about punching holes in the tube and skip the drill?
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

If the work is clamped securely, you can use an end mill to drill through. It leaves a lot less burr than a regular drill bit.
Jon

To ensure proper chip clearing (even with center-cutting mills), you should first drill a pilot hole about 30% of the finished diameter.
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> fired this volley in

I should have said, Tom, that I'm presuming you do not have CNC, and would be using and endmill as a plain drill.
If you had cnc, you could just spiral drill with an endmill and get good results.
Lloyd