Ping Don Foreman

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

Reply to
Kennedy

Next time you seem them tell them hi from the gang here?

Reply to
Richard

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said its not worth figuring out why.

He and Vicky should be up at "da lake" right now. Milady and I had dinner with Don and Vicky about two weeks ago, they seem healthy and happy.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold did not...

Reply to
William Bagwell

William Bagwell explained on 24/06/2014 :

Why???? :/

There are lots of free or very cheep providers free.teranews.com for one and they even carry (some)binaries.

Reply to
John G

I haven't been on an ISP-based feed for several years now, all of them having dried up, but there are a sufficient number of free servers to keep me connected.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Thanks Karl. I don't know Don, I've just always enjoyed reading his posts. Good to hear he's kicking along ok. As others said, tell him the guys @ rcm said hi!

Reply to
Kennedy

I use fortinec.com for newsgroups, it costs about $3 a month.

Reply to
nobody

I made valence boxes for the living room and dining room windows this weekend.

The living room windows are 93 inches tall. Standing on top of a five foot ladder with a nine foot long box in hand I realized that I probably can still fall as well as I could years back, but I probably don't bounce as well...

Reply to
Richard

I just checked in with Don and got this back:

I fell and broke my leg. After 3 days in hospital I'm in a transitional rehab place for a week or 2

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Please send our wishes for a speedy recovery . I'd wish for painless too , but we know that's not likely "especially at our age" .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Have vague recollections of suggesting NSPs to him years ago. One of the few here I have ever emailed personally... Looking at my saved posts it appears he last posted here about nine months ago which was well before TDS completely ditched usenet. So it is possible Harold disappeared for other reasons.

Oh, I have used $3 per month Forte APN for many years. They are an Easynews reseller and one of the rare cases where resellers are worth using.

Reply to
William Bagwell

Don't fall!!! I fell two weeks ago and my wrists still hurt, lucky I didn't break them...I guess that's common.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'm too the point that if I ever wake up and something doesn't hurt, I'll know I'm in heaven.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Can I get an AMEN !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

looks like Don is a good Finlander, given to understatement, his lady (Vicky) has a different story:

Julie-

The plan was to be at the lake for two weeks starting on Tuesday, but Don broke his leg in two places on Saturday,so we're at the hospital (Unity in Fridley). Apparently he fell off his stool in the computer lab and fell on the cement floor. He's got a splint up to the knee and more protection above the near with a temporary plaster cast. A week from Monday he'll get his permanent cast that goes way up on the thigh with his knee slightly bent. At first they were talking about putting a rod in (two nasty breaks) but the second x-ray showed it went together really well, so maybe it won't be necessary if it keeps healing that way. Full healing may take up to 20 weeks. Sure puts a damper on a lot of summer plans!! Plus no driving since it's his right foot.

Vicki

Monday afternoon step-son Dave and I moved Don to North Ridge in New Hope for transitional care - physical and occupational therapy. He cannot put any weight at all on his right leg, so he hops on his left in the walker. A week from today we go to the orthopedist for another x-ray. If things are still aligned he'll get a permanent cast from ankle to mid-thigh. If not, surgery to put rod/s in. Hope it's all still lined up! When he gets out of North Ridge we'll go to his house since mine has too many steps. It's going to be a long haul!

Vicki

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Don is one of my favorite guys, I hope that he recovers soon.

Ignoramus15345

He tires of the crap easily, so he comes and goes.

Ditto here. I've had far fewer problems with access through Forte than others before them. the few outages they've had have been upline, not their problem, but they've helped solve the problem and have been back up before other providers. It's $36/yr well spent, IMO.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You're just lucky you had -all- that padding around your waist to break the fall, Tawmmy boy.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

+1
Reply to