my compressor is terribe

it is taken out from a air conditioner 9600 btu. I have a "filter" which suppose to be the filter water vapour from the air.

there is a pressure guage and the connect to a blow gun.

I use this compressor for dusting off dust from motherboard and the dust inside computer housing.

What I do not like is there is still water from the nozzle of the blow gun.

any fix ideas?

TIA.

Reply to
developer

THe easy thing would be to get a water separator from a paint store and attach it inline to your air hose. They are plastic and cost about $10. You can also get a metal and glass one that can be emptied. About $20 for an Asian filter like that. Most any store that carries import tools, such as HF.

Rex B

it is installed more than two months ago, that separator does not separator water vapour. I do not wish to install a second one.

the compressed air has no bottle to store, and it is push into a rubber tube that connect to a water separator and then further connect to the blow gun.

Reply to
developer

You have three choices; feed the compressor perfectly dry air, put a better seperator on it or put up with water in your air. That's pretty much all there is to it.

John

Reply to
JohnM

Actually, there is a fourth option: buy a small air storage tank, fill it with compressed air (either from your compressor or from the tire fill hose at your local gas station), allow it to sit overnight in a cool spot (the colder the better as long as it's above freezing), and then drain the condensed water from it. The air remaining in the tank won't be lab-grade dry, but it should be dry enough for your needs. If you need it drier, you can run it through a desiccant "filter" to absorb additional humidity.

Small air storage tanks are common in 5 gal, 10 gal, and 11 gal sizes. For example, go to

and do a search for "air tanks".

Regards, Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver

Fit a length of copper pipe in the middle of the rubber tube between the compressor and the separator. The water won't separate until the air cools down, which, at the moment, is happening in our spraygun nozzle.

HTH

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand