need a name for a whatzit clamp handle thingy

See the pic:

This came off a thing that looks like a very heavy C-clamp which clamps to a bench and has a round hole on the top so you can clamp something about the size of a 1½" pipe vertical. It's a sheet metal tool, a real oldie. But that's all beside the point. This type of handle is what I'm interested in, whether it has a ball end like this one or not (I left the clamp part on so you can see how it's riveted with soft steel, very clever indeed). But I don't know how to search for it because I don't know what it would be called. "Yoke handle"? "Swivel clamp handle"?????

It looks rough because it had been filthy with many layers of paint and rust and I just bead blasted it.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant,

Looks like it might be called a "toggle" handle.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

I think about the only folks that I can think of that would have something close or convertible would be reid tool at

but don't hold your breath. Might be time to whip up one yourself. Although I just had the idea that if you were to get a rod end clevis you might be able to put a handle on it.

Reply to
carl mciver

and a search on "yoke" turns up something similar, if I understand what you want.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

I can't tell you what the screw handle is called, but I can tell you that the clamp it came off of is most likely the base for a rotary machine or a beading jenny, probably a Pexto, it looks a lot like mine.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
pkdickman

Correct. I figure they are about the strongest clamp-on bases I've ever seen. Lots of applications come to mind - lighting bases, welding positioner, tool positioner, who knows.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin