new cast iron bird bath

Hi,

Iam new to this group. Iam buying a cast iron bird bath. Since water will be standing in it all the time, I like to apply a coat of a paint, but afraid it will spoil the looks of cast iron. Can someone please advise, also it should not be of any toxic nature, since its used as bird bath.

How is power coat? Or anyother type of treatment should I use? Is it effective aginst rust prevention or formation? Iam planning to treat my other outdoor cast iron furnitures (castiron grill, castiron furniture, castiron bases to various other wooden furnitures, every other year, so please advise.

Thank you

Sam.

Reply to
sams

if you check out an automotive restoration supplier, there's a fantastic spray paint being sold that looks like virgin cast iron...

Reply to
Jon Grimm