nitric acid to passivate

OK, I get the picture. No more sniffing hydrofluoric for me. dB-(

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I turned down a gallon (opened) and the rest of a case - 4 total that was Semiconductor / lab grade HF.

Reason - I know the stuff. I don't consider it over other acids.

HF will 'fly' through your skin and body - attacking the joint by dissolving the calcium components of your joints. The joints begin to grind and are forever bad. The cartilage is jelly. Be sure you know what you are doing and protect yourself. It fumes and must be treated as dangerous.

I left the bottles in the semiconductor lab for hazmat to clean up. We were moving out of that building and the semiconductor lab dissolved semiconductor with it. It etches glass so special handling is needed.

Mart>> Ed Huntress writes:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

If you need just a little, you can often find "sour salt" in the Jewish food or spice section of a market -- it is citric acid crystals.

Northe

Reply to
Northe