No new lathe for me!

I still haven't moved out my oldest lathe but it's been decided not to replace it. Bummer! We just can't justify another lathe as much as I would love a gleaming, high-precision iron masterpiece with all the 'kootermints. I have a Reed-Prentice that is a sweetie and can do everything we need and more. The floorspace where the old lathe is will be used for a new die work table and a pedestal brush/felt wheel.

Reply to
Buerste

But...but...but I thought you were the Boss?

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I can't justify it to myself either.

Just finished casting 15 pounds of 148gr DEWC in less than an hour and not a single bad one! Those 6-pack Lee moulds work GREAT! I'll start loading them with 700X and work a new load for my S&W 19 starting at 2.5gr to 3.6 never exceed. Do you have any other data on 700X? I can't find a 9mm 124gr SWC load using 700X.

Reply to
Buerste

Ill hunt around a bit in a few minutes. Have you seen this yet? Works quite well.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

So did Buerste! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell" on or about Tue, 19 Jan 2010 03:22:46

-0500 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

LOL. I have a cartoon "I work for myself. But the boss is a jerk, and I'd quit if I didn't think the place would close if I left."

pyotr filipivich

I think the powder is too fast. (Too little powder, too much space) (inconsistent burn) Think Blue Dot. It is very consistent in

9mm. If you are thinking about unjacketed bullets in standard 9mm barrels, the 1 to 10 twist is too fast without using lino-type to prevent leading of the barrel. I suggest rebarrelling to 1 in 16 and then lead works fine. Been there and done that. Steve

single bad one! Those 6-pack Lee moulds work

starting at 2.5gr to 3.6 never exceed. Do you have

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

It is better to be a tool user than a tool collector if you are running a business.

Maybe you should buy a CNC Sherline to play with at home? Just trying to help you out. :)

Wes

Wes

You have to cut Buerste some slack. It can't be easy being a butch lesbian, in a small town like Cleveland. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I did see loads for 700x in 9mm. I do have some hard lead, I do have other powders but I have a LOT of 700x. Rebarreling isn't a wallet option.

Reply to
Buerste