now here is a project for someone

this is 100% metal related, but it's also a blatant "trick" to get someone to want the back half of a car I was restoring (which got wrecked, sadly) - it was recently painted - seems to me that it's ripe for several projects where a Porsche shaped object would be beneficial - it would make a great headboard, trailer shell, or a BBQ, or a jacuzzi cover, or ..... But I really don't want to cut up a car that I put something over a grand in body work into if I can help it

aargh......

anyway, here is the link

William Noble

I have seen the trunk and tail fins of a '57 Chevy made into a couch, but it was a fiberglass recreation. It was pretty spendy. No one would use the actual metal components unless they came by them terribly cheap, and then, they may get more for it as body parts than as a couch. But, yes, I have seen some automobile components made into objects d' arte. (grave on the e) (and that includes the e in grave, which I don't know how to do on the computer.)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

well, the 99 cents I'm asking qualifies as "cheap enough" - I dont' have time or room to do something cool with it, but geeze, it's real Porsche - gotta have some cachet there, no? and I think it would be a very cool bed - cut out the floor, keep fenders and the back of sunroof forms a "canopy". but that's for someone who has more space than I do. (and no, the thing is all one piece, so I can't unscrew the fenders and sell them, though someone could plasma cut them and reuse them on another car, I suppose.

Reply to
William Noble

Someone might consider it for a custom motorcycle trike project.

Approaching it from behind, it might look as though a head is poking out of the sunroof.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

According to SteveB :

[ ... ]

It is just as well. That takes you into the extended region of the ASCII characterset -- and there are lots of different extensions, so what looks right on *your* screen may turn out to be quite puzzling on somebody else's screen.

So -- it is better to not use those extensions to the ASCII characterset.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols