now HERE is some real metal working

all I can say is that I am thankful for not having to do this job - recent video:

William Noble

What?

3 squares and protective gear? Suggest you look up ship breaking. Haironend.

wws

Reply to
wstiefer

Bill,

Many thanks for the link ! Fascinating. I have it bookmarked now; also sent some feedback to the originator.

Bob ( who says steam is dead ? ) Swinney

Robert Swinney

found that link looking for someone who might be interested in a copmlete copy from issue 1#1 through issue 5#1 of the "stationary engine society newsletter" along with a copy of the database of remaining engines - that site was found via a link from the successor organization's site. I have two complete photocopy sets of these newsletters and database - about 250 pgs each to dispose of (I need to try to get the guy who made the copies over 15 years ago his photocopy costs back). Of course if you would like one of these copies, feel free to ask me (get my email from my web site, wbnoble.com)

Reply to
William Noble

some feedback to the

That was amusing. Bryan Acford (mentioned as a link to some of his photos on the site) works in my department. I see him most days at work -)

Mark Rand RTM

Reply to
Mark Rand

"William Noble" wrote

Which video are you referring to? There are at least several dozen linked from that page.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:58:22 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Jon Danniken" quickly quoth:

The steamhammer, no doubt. I'm deafened even with the volume turned down.

-- Change is the process by which the future invades our lives. -- Alvin Toffler

Reply to
Larry Jaques