Optical center punch

Moving it around would be the problem then, not keeping it still. :) A couple of small neodym magnets should do it. I'm sure some clever soul will figure out a good way to pivot or raise them out the way until you want it clamp to the surface. How about a 3W Luxeon light and electromagnet base? Now we're talking "project".

I say have a few more beers, and think the idear through to completion.

Reply to
Mike Young

If you had a full time magnet this might be annoying to place dead on target. Perhaps you could make a design that worked like an indicator base where you could align it, then press the button to engage the magnet.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Just making it heavy with a non-skid surface, rubber or cork for instance, will work fine. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow