OT: another survey to pilot test

I have just finished the first draft of a Learned Helplessness / Learned Dependency web survey and would appreciate any comments, observations or suggestions you may care to make after you complete the survey. A comments text box is provided on the survey form at the bottom, or reply on list or by email.

The new survey can be seen at

Thanks everyone for your help with piloting the first (clinical depression) survey.

FWIW -- while I have not seen the original source data and do not have exact numbers, it is reported that in many of the long-term depressed rural and micro-urban areas in the US and other countries (for example the depressed areas of Appalachia), a significant number of adults indicate either "totally or almost totally agree with this statement" or "more agree than disagree with this statement," to the majority of the 20 diagnostics (S1: through S20:). There also seems to be a high statistical correlation between the length of time a person has spent in the depressed area, and a high LH/LD score. The old adage "When the going gets tough, the tough get going (as in "Imoutahere")" still seems to be operational.

Another interesting statistic is that the reproduction rate seems to be inversely correlated to the LH/LD index, which appears to be verified by the below replacement rate of reproduction in areas/groups (currently about 2.2 live births per female on average) with high LH/LD scores, which includes wide areas of Europe and European Russia.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Took the survey, got this error when I pressed submit:

"The first "RL" option is not a valid selection. Please choose one of the other options"

Looked at your source code and changed main residence from house I own to decline and it accepted it.

Any bonus points for digging into the code?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Year of birth

1956 1957 1857 1959
Reply to
Steve Ackman

=================== Thanks -- good call

Both the learned helplessness and clinical depression survey items were updated.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Oh! What a relief. I thought Steve was claiming to be a vampire.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston