OT Day 26

This may be the last page in this saga and chronicle. I may have to think of something else to write about or just shut up for a while.

Today was my second solo day, meaning no houseguests, since Mary passed on 19 March over 3 weeks ago. I had evening meals and visits with friends and family both days, and will for at least the next couple of days.

Both solo days went better than I dared expect. There were still rough spots in the afternoons but they were less deep and of shorter duration than even a very few days ago. Maybe the acupuncture is helping or maybe I'm just finally getting my shit together. Whatever, I'll take it!

I went in for a routine quarterly "device check" of my ICD this afternoon. The nurse I always see for that greeted me, asked about Mary since Mary and I always accompanied each other to our various appointments. That blindsided me: I lost it, melted down -- but I got it back together in a few seconds. The rest of the afternoon was mostly OK. The knot in my stomach was a figure 8 thread terminator rather than a monkey fist line heaving knot. I think I now have a good start on my journey to happier days. There are already happy times, smiles and laughs, in my days. I intend to make daily encounters with friends or family a priority for the forseeable future and I now don't see that as being any problem to accomplish.

I have projects I want to get going on: small easy "get well" projects that I can accomplish fairly quickly, most for others. There's still estate stuff to sort out but my brain is starting to resemble oatmeal more than loonshit. Short-term memory is now slightly longer than a lightning bolt if I take careful notes.

Had dinner with son Dave tonight and then we plotted an electrical wiring project in his house and played with his cat guest who decided instantly that she liked me. Kids and animals tend to like me.

Tomorrow, dinner with good friends. Bob was a respected colleague and friend who also knew and worked with Mary, Jan 'n Mary were thick as sisters in recent years. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there wasn't some email or conversation about "I was quite upset with Foreman when he..."

Thank y'all for bearing with me, letting me know that y'all were reading the journal I found so cathartic to write. Support from this group has been very helpful to me.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Don, you've come a long way in the last 26 days. Now, I'm an engineer. If I plot emotional condition vs. time for the last 26 days and then extrapolate to the future you will soon be among the happiest people on the planet. And, that's exactly what Mary would want for you.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Don - Your ramblings have been a rare glimpse into the heart of a real person struggling to cope in the real world. Peace and love be with you. Peter DiVergilio "A bumblebee flies faster than a Kubota tractor"

Reply to
Peter Divergilio

"Don Foreman" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

If you feel like writing then go for it (almost) no matter the subject.

Kids and animals seems to know people just in a glimpse.

Nothing new under the sun ;-)

Any time :-)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

(...)

The bumps get shallower from here on, as you probably know.

Keep your stick on the ice. We're rootin' for ya.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It's therapeutic for most of us here too. The human condition has so many parallels that resonate our commonalities.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

And a lot of those that post and read on RCM also like you.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Judith and I just returned from a couple of weeks in Ireland where I deliberately resisted the urge to get on a computer and see what was happening via my email and newsgroups, so I didn't realize until yesterday that you'd lost Mar.

Keep up with the writing Don, you have always been more lucid and easier to follow than a lot of the guys who make a living doing that for the media.

Remember, time wounds all heels. (Or something like that...)

And, money does talk, but most of the time it says, "Goodbye."

Hoping you got a little smile out of the above two lines,

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

You are making progress but don't be afraid to write if it helps. Your friends sure don't mind reading this.

Meeting up with friends sounds healthy to me. You seem to be a social person as in not a hermit type.

Soon you will have your shit wired in tight little balls. Well that is what my DI called having your shit together.

You have a great game plan. Some terrible day, my elderly mom is going to die and I bet I spent a lot more time with my siblings than I currently spend. It is a natural and health reaction.

I wish I had a great memory, didn't get it. Somethings I can remember forever and other things, I can loose something in 30 seconds w/o 5 feet.

Cats often like me but not all cats. Dogs always like me and I can still remember being a bright kid so I get along with the bright ones.

We are still here and I am glad to hear that you believe you are rounding the bend. As I may have mentioned, time is a healer but the wait is a bitch once upon a time.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Everybody likes Don. But only half the people like Gunner. At least its the right half

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Count me in.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Count me in.

Harold

Yeah, I like your posts too, Don. I'm the token lurker, but count me in.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton