OT: hex to decimal conversion

Hi Pat,
I'm curious as to what the NRC is using QNX for? I was a QNX guy for a number of years and loved it, but haven't had a chance to use it for a long
time. Don Nichols mentioned OS 9 in an earlier post, which I never did use, but a lot of folks used to compare to QNX.
I guess there are bound to be a lot of realtime folks on this list, given CNC and all.
Adam Smith, Midland ON

puter)
there
I worked at QNX for a while ( in the CES group). The IAR (Institute for Aerospace Research) has several wind tunnels, one of which uses QNX ( the QNX box is beening phased out, replaced by Linux). Qnx 4 was GREAT, I don't have much experience on the new QNX other then some early flash file system work. At the windtunnel I work at the run times can be very short ( less then a second) and windspeed is fast to Mach 4.25. with some of the models costing multimillions of dollars, and beening actively driven ( roll, pitch and yaw) realtime control is important. Pat

the
E000?
It

So this is a memory mapped IO card? Is the address really DC00, or is it really (much more likely) DC000, usually accessed using DC00 as the "segment" address, as in DC00:0?
If you are running any protected mode OS, (pretty much any version of windows) you are in trouble, since you cannot get direct access to memory without a device driver.
If you can boot DOS, you can type DEBUG at the command line, then type d dc00:0 to dump the memory at that address. It will be in hex, but then you can use any hex calculator to convert it to decimal. Q will return to the command line.
By the way, you can run the debugger in a command prompt window, but you'd be displaying virtual memory, not real physical memory.
SteveA

1. > void main(void) 2. > { 3. > int i; 4. > scanf("input:%x",&i); 5. > printf("\n %x is %d",i,i); 6. > }
The smartest assed answer would be one line of QuickBasic:
INPUT "Enter hex number:", hx$: PRINT VAL("&H" + hx$)
:^)
Which reminds me, I recently completed (more or less) a useless but complicated program that lets you place points in 3D space (build voxel models and such). It has three edit windows (XZ, XY and YZ), a fly-through-space mode and can load and save files at will. Anyone want to see?
Tim
-- "I've got more trophies than Wayne Gretsky and the Pope combined!" - Homer Simpson Website @ http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms

Sure, why not.
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:16:13 -0600, Tim Williams wrote:

Real(TM) smartasses run Unix.
That's a 7 character dc(1) script:     16i ? p
A slightly friendlier version, direct from the shell prompt:     dc -e "16i [hex number:]P ? p"
-Ron

In the search box on Google (no quotes):
"0xDC00 in decimal"
Will result in:
56320
Never under estimate the power of the Google calculator... http://www.google.com/help/calculator.html
Regards,
Robin
Karl Townsend wrote:

Windows Accessories -> Calculator. Set it to the "Scientific" view.
-jc-
I was more interested in what kind of control are you running in a pc?