OT-ish: alternator question

Not sure of CURRENT Ontario regs, but it used to be you had head and tail lamps,perscribed direction and brake indicators, perscribed "blink markers" and then all the rest. The head and tail lamps, as well as the perscribed directional and indicator lights, and the perscribed blink markers MUST work. Any non perscribed lighting, being optional, did NOT have to work. However, to avoid any hassle, if any were out it was usually best to just switch them off and not draw any attention.

The regulations read something like "All perscribed lighting". If it read "all installed lighting" you'd be in trouble.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Odd. I don't wear a watch.

:^)

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

80 Plus 60 ADDITIONAL lights is 140 ADDITIONAL lights. At 1/2 amp each that is 70 ADDITIONAL amps - over and above the perscribed lighting and other standard loads. And 1/2 amp is just a 6 watt bulb. He's likely got several that run higher than that, like the 55 watt mini-spots I've seen lighting up the fancy graphics on the sides of several rigs over the last year. Sheilded, aimed spots, mounted on the mirror arms and the top of the tanks, highlighting the "murals" painted on the sleeper and cab doors.
Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

You don't want a metal one - just a well padded one. Metal ones present a very high danger.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Christ>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

What's a watch?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Probably spread out among all of the plugs, wires, and splices. I didn't take anything apart, but the stuff I could see from the exterior looked pretty sloppy. Or maybe he's got a bunch more lights on the roof I didn't see. (:

Reply to
B.B.