OT:MotoGP stuff

The French GP was Sunday and Spaniard Sete Gibernau won his second race in a row to take the points lead after three GPs.

Colin Edwards was first American with a fifth place finish which moves him into sixth place in the points standings.

Kurtis Roberts, younger brother of former champ Kenny Jr. placed 15th to get his first GP championship point.

Reply to
ff

Another O.T: BTW, the F1 Monaco Grand Prix is this weekend. Qualifying Sat. 5:00 am, race on Sun. 5:00 am Pacific time (On SpeedTV, 607 on DirectTv. Great race on a VERY interesting track with lots of history. If anyone's interested here's a link:

John

Reply to
John

Oh poor Kurtis. He couldn't hold a tire together in AMA superbike, so I didn't expect much from him in GP. Even the wonder boy Hayden isn't doing so well in GP.

I did expect the demise of the 2 stroke ease the GP learning curve for the WSB and AMA guys, but after all, Moto GP is "The Big Show"

Reply to
TheMan

I thought Hayden had epstein barr virus recently.

Jim

jim rozen

jim rozen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

That might explain his comment on the Le Mans race that he went one speed the whole race and the others went faster. Epstein Barr saps your energy pretty severely, and I've heard that recovery can take months or even years.

RE: AMA Superbike. What's up with Aaron Yates? He was so promising last year, but seems to be extremely inconsistent and crash-prone this year. I'm rootin' for Zemke and (since I'm turning 50 this year) that old man Duhamel. Makes me smile whenever the old farts trump those young whippersnappers.

Reply to
Hitch

Still Epstein Barr wont explain his miserable performance last year as well.. The honest truth is that most GP riders need to come up thru the ranks of the 250GP class just to learn the tracks. When you take a good o' boy from the USA it's gonna take a few seasons for him to shine. I don't dismiss Hayden, I just think we shouldn't expect too much from him the first two seasons.... I can think back of a few other of our great USA superbike guys not doing so well in GP right of the start. The good thing with Nicky is he's young and if he can stick it out a few more years, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

I think Yates was off to a great start, but the whole Daytona incident is going to cost him more than we see. He's been pretty cavalier about the whole thing and while he make be saying I'm not looking back at it, it's probably effecting him mentally and it shows on the track. He seemed to be pushing way to hard last weekend, perhaps thinking if I can get my performance to where it left off at Daytona I can get back into the hunt by the last few races of the season. But hey what the heck to I know?

Zempke is the next rising star over here though. Back to the whole GP thing though, I wouldn't even expect Maladin to be able to make the jump to GP and be competitive out of the box...seems to be the same with WSB riders to some degree as well. Look at Edwards, Haga and the last cream of the crop WSB riders.

There is some marked difference about moving up The Show... And of course we haven't discussed how much being the factory sponsored A rider will get you the top parts and support as well. The difference of unlimited funding vs. the homologation rules of AMA/WSB?

FWIW. Great discussion though.

Reply to
TheMan

Boy howdy, color me surprised. I come in here to learn some things about metal working and discover some of you gents are into MotoGP too? I just assumed no one else in here knew about such things but think it's great you guys share the same interests as me - machining and road racing.

Anyone else share interests of mine like eating, sleeping, shaving cats, that sort of thing?

I think I love you guys.

Reply to
Meezer Man

There is nothing like a cleanly shaven cat. :-)

Reply to
TheMan