Pacemakers and welding

You definitely want to know more. ICDs are not a free lunch by any means.

Reply to
Michael Koblic

RF and pacemakers.

the subject than

dangerous radiation

from cell phones and

up against one's

frequency and the isolation

30+ years ago SiL got a pacemaker and was concerned about using her new microwave oven. Her cardiologist's advice? "Just stay outside of the oven when it is turned on." Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller

The old ovens - bad. New ovens - OK.

Reply to
Michael Koblic

I've been quite impressed with the medical professionals I've dealt with in the past several months. I was within hours of dead in May, now they keep pushing me toward a more vigorous lifestyle. I'm now walking a brisk hour (3 miles) every day and I expect Dr. B will give me a ration of shit for not doing it with a backpack on snowshoes.

Reply to
Don Foreman

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 01:27:58 -0600, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

Thinking of renaming him Dr. MdS, Don? My physical therapist (way back when) was named "Mark" and I renamed him "Marquis" in honor of his bedside manner.

-- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life. --Jesse Lee Bennett

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I went snorkeling for five different days on Kauai. 5 way bypass, aortic valve replaced, and current 5 cm. aortic aneurysm. Modern medicine is about as advanced as modern welding.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 08:00:19 -0700, the infamous "SteveB" scrawled the following:

Goodonya, mate. Now we turn to advanced Chiwanese sheetmetal and I think that technology has turned on itself, if this video is any indication.

-- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life. --Jesse Lee Bennett

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No personal experience, but FIL used to call physical therapists "those heartless bastards".

Reply to
Don Foreman

Boy, that store sells everything but AFDBs:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Fellow I used to work with called 'em "physical terrorists".

Reply to
Doug Miller

Its not anything to do with a St Jude device or not. Modern devices have all the sensing done at the tip of the "bipolar" leads. Instead of an antenna 12 inches long it will be 1/2 long. Bipolar leads are made by all implant companies, Medtronics, Guidant, Biotronik etc etc. Sometimes a older style monopolar lead may be used as they are usually thinner ( they only incorporate one wire as opposed to 2 in bipolar). John

Reply to
John