here's a good one

Staunch gun advocate Jamie Gilt, 31, who just a day earlier had boasted online about her toddler's shooting prowess, was cruising down a major thoroughfare with her son in the back when he shot her on Tuesday. The bullet went through the seat cushion.

Reply to
pygar

Freedom to keep and bear arms has a price, what did you expect? People enjoying the human right to own guns, without accidental shootings? The side benefit, though, is "accelerated natural selection".

Reply to
Ignoramus26799

This /is/ what I expect. And I appreciate the special irony of stories like this one.

Overall, there is no benefit. The idiot's kid can just as easily shoot the other mom, over in the next car.

Reply to
pygar

There is not as much irony as you think, that gun owners get shot with their own guns, is just like people getting hurt with hammers that they own.

But not quite as likely.

Ignoramus26799

Maybe you missed the part where the tot is 4 years old. "Toys for Tots" did not include real handguns when I was a kid.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Oh, look!

- gun homicides decrease by nearly 60 percent - 74-percent fall in the gun-related suicide rates - mass shootings drop 100%

Reply to
pygar

Good thing that here the human right to own guns is Constitutionally protected...

Reply to
Ignoramus4339

Oh, look. Now Gunner is saying that ALL of the blacks and hispanics in America are felons. He must have attended a Trump rally.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I do not think that he was saying that specifically.

Ignoramus4339

Yeah, he was. If he thought about it he might not have said it, but that's exactly what he said.

He's looking for excuses, but the fact is that whites commit twice as many FBI-recorded crimes as blacks, and five times as many as hispanics/Latinos. If you look at *non-hispanic whites only*, our firearm homicide rate (as just one example) is more than 7 times higher than that of Australia -- another statistic that Gunner is trying to gum up.

You can check this out in Table 43a from recent FBI/UCR reports and WHO data for countries, if you question it.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Once we have Australia's gun laws we'll be able to adopt China's treatment of dissidents.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

To clarify, that firearms homicide ratio between the US and Australia is for *intentional firearms homicides against another person*. It doesn't include suicides or accidents.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

And Iraq's gentle human rights disposition.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Elect Trump, and that wish will come true!

Heil, Drumpf.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

read his words. Of COURSE he was saying that.

Reply to
rangerssuck