Airfix parts - very good

I lost the canopy sprue off a Eurofighter, I told Humbrol/Airfix it was lost not missing yet they still sent me one FOC.

Very good!!!

Reply to
Martin Imber

Even better, I told them I bunged up the landing gear on an etendard, clearly accepting blame, and they still sent me the parts FOC. Gotta love 'em

JC Hayes

Reply to
JC Hayes

Say what you will about the quality of Airfix kits,but they have the best parts replacement service there is.Whenever I lose or break a part,I just send in that little slip that comes in the box,and within a few weeks it's here at my door in the US. Although I never asked for a replacement for the decals in my Fiat G.50.The clear film was printed at a 90 degree angle to the ink and was unusuable.I never saw that before.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I have an airliner model that has the markings printed from the opposite direction of the carrier film. I gave them a coat of Future to see if that will help hold them together but I haven't worked up the nerve to try it yet. It wasn't an Airfix kit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I'd have my doubts,but good luck! I never tried the bad airfix ones.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Decal #17 on the new 1:48 Red Arrows Hawk sheet was misprinted - an e-mail to their parts address, and I got two replacements! Nine out of ten for customer service, but only six out of ten for the model.

Matt

Reply to
Matt