Painting cast aluminum parts

DA wrote:

Good Grief! Unbunch your panties, go to any autoparts (Pep boys, Kraken) or home improvement store or any hobby shop, and just get any ol' paint! OK, not "Any ol' paint" - probably not latex wall paint, but some kind of enamel. If it's not going to be subjected to any abuse, even lacquer would work.
Just be sure the parts are clean and you follow the label instructions on the paint itself, and you'll be fine.
Some may recommend zinc chromate primer; I won't argue with them, but it's probably not necessary, although it might make you feel more comfortable with your paint job on your new toy. :-)
Have Fun! Rich

I might recommend zinc chromate primer, if I thought you could find any. They eliminated using zinc chromate primer where I use to work about 15 years ago as the chromate is hazardous to your health. This is not to say that you can not find ZCP, but it will not be easy.
Dan
snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

Oops! Apparently I've been "out of the loop" too long.
Thanks for the heads up! Rich