Painting cast aluminum parts

The emphasis is on MILD. Most organic degreasers are alkaline.

Reply to
clare

Well, I _am_ teachable, and it's dead easy to see what some baking soda does to a piece of aluminum. When I get a round tuit, I'll report back with my results.

I _have_ heard that something like lye, which is an amazingly effective cleaner (like oven cleaner; you can use it on ring-around-the-collar in the laundry), does damage aluminum, but that wasn't what was being discussed; I should engage my brain before throwing my keyboard into gear.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich Grise wrote: ...

Just don't use it on cotton shirts. Or linen. Or silk.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt