Plasma Cutter

My plasma cutter, which is a nice (and expensive) Thermal arc, has a feature that you set for cutting stuff like expanded metal or dirty metal. I believe it is what is now called a pilot arc. I dunno what Thermal Arc calls it. It does, on my machine, wear the consumables faster, but when needed it sure is handy. Eric