Plaster in a refrigerator door? PLS HELP

Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the right thread i should post this...

Just last night, my younger sister left the candle lighted on top of our refrigerator. The melted wax might have caused the cloth to start a fire but I'm not really certain. It was a good thing that I saw the fire and I immediately poured some water. :(

no one knew how long the fire was but it caused damage to the refrigerator door. there was a big hole and a little part of the refrigerator gasket melted.

I don't wanna replace the ref door for its gonna be costly. Would it be all right if I'm going to put Plaster of Paris to cover the big hole? what should i do??? :(

Reply to
sasha``

I wouldn't use Plaster of Paris, it won't stay in very long at all. Why not use some car body repair stuff like Plastic Padding?

Reply to
lemel_man

If only the gasket is hurt, it is fairly inexpensive and easy to replace the gasket. If you are trying to just get by, use something flexible - perhaps some foam held on with silicone. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Duct tape can fix anything...

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Indeed. Thats what I was going to suggest. Or reinforced strapping tape, but ONLY after cleaning the area around the hole with some strong cleaning agents. Cooking grease tends to coat everything in a kitchen and will cause tape to peel off shortly.

If they want a color match..some of the 3M upholstery tape will work good.

The chunk of seal that is damaged, can be trimmed out with a razor blade ad a bit of foam siliconed back in its place.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Fairly inexpensive for a refridgerator gasket, mine is 230.00 PER door!!!

I would use BONDO car putty, That may not be pretty, but you can try to match it with the rest of the fridge

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Before you get to carried away, try to find a used replacement door. Lots of local appliance stores keep 'trade-in' appliances around as a cheap parts source- get out the phone book and call around.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

What brand is that Refrigerator? I want to make sure that I do not purchase that brand.

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Does anybody else smell a troll? This post seems kinda' fishy, err ... trolly. Not likely to cause a lot of controversy, but weird. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt