plinking target

Here's a little project I just finished. It's a plinking target for an air-powered pellet gun or BB gun. The target is segmented into 5 pieces, a bullseye and 4 surrounding parts. Shoot at the bullseye and see what swings. Total material cost under $3 - almost all scrap!

It's actually sitting on very unlevel ground, the frame isn't at all as bent as it looks in the picture.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

larsen-tools

Extremely cool!

From what is the backstop made?

--Len

Reply to
Len

The backstop is 1/8" plate steel. It used to be the top of an old heat treating oven. It was very warped but I hammered it close to flat again with an 8 pound sledge. It has been painted with Hammerite to somewhat hide the pitting from rust. It is angled at about 10º forward to deflect errant shots downward.

Grant

Len wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Neet!

Do the suspension arms ride in grooves on that horizontal shaft? (or are there tubular spacers in between them?)

Jeff

-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia

Neat! Hope you don't mind if I copy it.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Butrym

The suspension arms are welded to the tubular spacers in some places, and there are free tubular spacers in others. The "axle" is just a piece of 5/16" CRS threaded on the ends.

Grant

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Hey Grant,

Pretty neat. Was the thought of making this brought on by any of the "Question - Home Shop Security" thread??? Seems like a few of these well placed with the Bulls-eyes all "plinked" to shit might make a thief think a bit

Take care.

Brian Laws>Here's a little project I just finished. It's a plinking target for

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Not at all - my father-in-law had a flimsy target all shot to hell and I said "Heck, I could make one of those." That's all she wrote. Every time we went over there to Sunday dinner he'd ask if it was done yet.

Grant

Brian Laws> Hey Grant,

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Sorta wind chimes for gun nuts!

Reply to
PR

Like the day I offered to give the door to door security system salesperson a demonstration of my "Staffordshire" alarm system, and my "Winchester" anti-theft device. City police were here within minutes, greeted by the household Bichon, suggested a NO SOLICITING sign, and then I could assist them to the curb. He also mentioned that the young lady had called in from the neighbourhood laundromat. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller