plinking target

Here's a little project I just finished. It's a plinking target for
an air-powered pellet gun or BB gun. The target is segmented into 5
pieces, a bullseye and 4 surrounding parts. Shoot at the bullseye
and see what swings. Total material cost under $3 - almost all scrap!

It's actually sitting on very unlevel ground, the frame isn't at all
as bent as it looks in the picture.
Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington
Reply to
Grant Erwin
It's clever. Why not a .22 ?
Reply to
larsen-tools
Extremely cool!
From what is the backstop made?
--Len
Reply to
Len
The backstop is 1/8" plate steel. It used to be the top of an old heat treating oven. It was very warped but I hammered it close to flat again with an 8 pound sledge. It has been painted with Hammerite to somewhat hide the pitting from rust. It is angled at about 10º forward to deflect errant shots downward.
Grant
Len wrote:
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Neet!
Do the suspension arms ride in grooves on that horizontal shaft? (or are there tubular spacers in between them?)
Jeff
-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia
Neat! Hope you don't mind if I copy it.
Ed
Reply to
Ed Butrym
The suspension arms are welded to the tubular spacers in some places, and there are free tubular spacers in others. The "axle" is just a piece of 5/16" CRS threaded on the ends.
Grant
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Hey Grant,
Pretty neat. Was the thought of making this brought on by any of the "Question - Home Shop Security" thread??? Seems like a few of these well placed with the Bulls-eyes all "plinked" to shit might make a thief think a bit
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply to
Brian Lawson
Not at all - my father-in-law had a flimsy target all shot to hell and I said "Heck, I could make one of those." That's all she wrote. Every time we went over there to Sunday dinner he'd ask if it was done yet.
Grant
Brian Laws> Hey Grant,
Reply to
Grant Erwin
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Sorta wind chimes for gun nuts!
Reply to
PR
Like the day I offered to give the door to door security system salesperson a demonstration of my "Staffordshire" alarm system, and my "Winchester" anti-theft device. City police were here within minutes, greeted by the household Bichon, suggested a NO SOLICITING sign, and then I could assist them to the curb. He also mentioned that the young lady had called in from the neighbourhood laundromat. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller