power control

sounds fair. email me how to pay and I'll email back my ship address. My email karltownsendembarqmail.com

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Thanks for the confimration that I'm on the right track.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

My 90 KVA spot has both. Multiple taps on the transformer and a controller package mounted on the side to control time, pulse rates etc.

Want to buy it? Cheap enough. In fact..Id swap you something for it.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Correction..its a 20 KVA.

Brand is "American"

Gunner, organizing the cargo container

Reply to
Gunner

They're on the way, all 21.8# each.

Reply to
Pete C.

Thanks Pete,very generous of you to give these to me. I'll put them to good use.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

There at least several ways to control spot/resistance welders.. aside from a microprocessor and sensing, timing and control components, two other methods which work well are timing and lateral movement.

With timing control, a quality off-the-shelf precision timing module (or other circuit) controls the power to the input side of the resistance welder's transformer. The circuit-type method is generally designed into the welder's control board, and counts cycles of the AC, using the line frequency as a timebase and a variable control to perform tests on samples and determine the best setting for the materials being assembled.

The lateral movement-type method uses a sensitive adjustable-trip switch to react to the movement caused by the penetration of the welder's tips into the workpiece materials. As pressure forces the tips together, the metal is displaced and forged to form a point of connection. These welders may have a selector switch for different heat ranges.. Low/High etc.

Welders for accomplishing butt welding, such as bandsaw blades or lengths of materials end-to-end are good applications for the lateral movement-type method, as there may be considerable movement since the material upset at the weld location can be significant. The splayed/upset material is ground away after welding and annealing so the material can pass thru guides or other passage ways.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

That reminds me. That spot welder I have is an American, 20 kva

It has an add one cabinet with a bunch of cards in it for welding time, power etc etc.

Cheap for a member here.

Located in Taft, California

Come and get it.

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

Reply to
Gunner