Propane tank for forklift

Is it possible and easy to adapt a BBQ type propane tank to use on a forklift?

Yes, i use the 20# tanks on my fork lift. I purchased the fittings at airgas, they have the proper CGA fittings. I also have an adaptor that allows me to use the disposable 1# cylinders for those times i run out of gas in the middle of the night.
Best Regards Tom.

No.
Forklift propane tanks feed liquid propane fron the bottom of the tank.
BBQ tanks supply propane vapor from the top of the tank.
Just get a forklift propane tank.
On 4/17/2015 8:59 AM, Ignoramus28245 wrote:

I assumed I would have to lay the tank on it's side to get liquid. Is there something internal in the tank to prevent that?
I did see a tank on Craig's list for $100 half full, and I can probably borrow one and can always rent one. I just thought it would be convenient to use a BBQ tank.

Not sure, but when it gets half full you no longer get liquid.

forklift tanks are not expensive used, and not even expensive new, I have about 16 of them, all bought used or gotten for nothing

Sure, for the first less-than-half. BUT...

The "new" federally mandated OPD valves preclude liquid propane from leaving the BBQ tank. Other than that, yeah, convenient. ;)
--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen