RE solid state switch for welder

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I think the best solution involving a contactor is to use one that is rated for 120 amps. Since it won't be switching the load, just conducting it, it won't matter that the load is DC, will it? Thanks Again, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Hi, Eric. In either AC or DC, the contacts will oxidize over time unless there is a slight arc to keep them clean. If at all possible, find a sealed contactor. May not be possible.

Paul

Eric R Snow wrote:

Reply to
pdrahn

What if I 0-72 VAC, Make 60 A, Break 10 A and 0-28 VDC Make/Break 5A. So it looks like as long as the amps are kept low enough I can cycle the contactor with the DC welding current. Is this correct? Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow