Reliable Tool bankrupt

Seems even shill bidding could not save them.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

Scary... Anyone has any idea what killed them? They always seemed to get such high prices for their stuff (shill bidding noted astutely, however)

Ignoramus10135

After a while I stopped looking at their stuff because of the prices, even if it was something I'd like to have. If most folks did the same, they failed because of the prices. I don't look on ebay much anymore.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

The prices seemed to be realized prices -- but as HB said, who knows how much of that was shilled.

Ignoramus10135

I guess it is possible, to buy machinery for dirty cash and sell it online and launder the money this way. But that would show as an exceptionally profitable business (because cash expense is not shown). It would be not so easy to end up in bankruptcy.

I thought about this a while ago and realized that scrapping business is a great way to launder money, except that work is involved and taxes need to be paid.

Exactly!

Even I was aware of their shill bidding. It was public knowledge on forums.

They will probably have a nice sale soon, of whatever they could not steal and carry away pre-bankruptcy. Keep an eye on them.

Ignoramus10135

Likewise, not to many bargains on ebay anymore. Most of the stuff is being offered by dealers at high prices. I noticed that ebay is showing merchandise from dealers stores as newly listed when it is realy the SOS listed maybe months ago. You also see a lot of harbor freight resellers. The new cassini search sucks big time. The related to feature is usually funny in what it presents as a result. The new search steers bidders to the higher priced items from dealers ebay likes. Some sellers claim the search will not display thier listings in cassini. I have come up with some work arrounds to beat cassini defects. The cassini search is so hated ebay fired the engineer in charge of developing it.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

Guessing - to much government business that didn't pay off... .?

Sold tools to countless start-up that didn't pay off.

Sold tools to these flaky government funded companies that expired...

Mart> >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn