REQ: Opinions on cutting into automobile bodypanels

I own a 2000 Buick Park Ave Ultra. What I plan to do is install the 2003 Ventiports into the front fenders. There are aftermarket portholes that stick right on the fender; these are just for looks. I have chosen to install the factory parts since they are functional vents.

What I could use is advice on cutting the six oblong mounting holes to accept the port trim pieces without trashing my panels, I have a .125" shoulder to work with, and I have built a template from .125" aluminum as a guide.

My tools are quite basic: A Dremel Multitool with flex attachment, a Rotozip, and a couple of variable-speed jigsaws.

Would love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks!

Reply to
Chrome Dog

IF you have good hand control I would use a wafer cutoff wheel on the dremmel and cut a scribed line on the fender. Stay on the inside and then grind to fit.

John

Reply to
john

That's what I would do, too, except that I would file to the line rather than grind, after I got close.

Brian

Reply to
Brian