Resilient Motor Mount Refurb

I have several fractional horsepower motors that appear to be functional, but the rubber discs that mount the motors in the frame
have disintegrated. Has anyone found a way to refurbish these mounts? I was thinking of making replacement discs out of masonite with a layer of old inner tube between the disc and the frame.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Ed Bailen
The replacementy rings are quite readily available. Try a grainger or motor repair shop. Another thought is to check with a HVAC contractor. They probably throw away a lot of defective motors with serviceable resiliant rings on them.
The resiliant rings are just there to quiet the motor down. If you are not terribly concerned about noise, you can find a way to rigidly mount the motor.
Mill

These rings aren't quite as readily available as some people think. I was in the same pickle a few months ago and lots of people airily advised me to just go buy what I needed at Grainger. I went to Grainger and looked at every single ring they carry. It isn't many, compared to the variety that exist out there. I was able to buy some from them and cut out bits of rubber with a cape chisel and made them fit my motor, which is now happily powering my Walker Turner bandsaw.
You could certainly machine plastic discs but they won't absorb like the cast rubber ones do. I don't know how to proceed other than to do what I did.
Grant Erwin
MP Toolman wrote:

Ed Bailen writes:

1. Punch or cut disks from old tire body.
2. Roll up some rubber sheet from MSC, Enco, McMaster, etc.
3. Cast from hot-melt glue.

3 is a very bad idea. These mounts are designed to dissipate energy, and in doing so warm up. Hot-melt glue will, well, melt.
Silicone sealant may work somewhat.