RobertTeenut Bastow toast

Maybe the OP header (Jan 11, 9:15 PM) just didn't ring any bells:

Just a quick note to remind Those Who Know, that the annual world-wide toast to Teenut's memory is coming up fast.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Steve Lusardi

I read it, and planned to honor it. I just didn't see the need to post a followup.

Indeed so.

Take Care, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Hello,

What time zone is this based on please? I want to be able to convert to Brisbane, Australia time.

I remember teenut (he once said it shound have a small "t") and I want to get the time right.

Thanks.

Darren.

Long time lurker.

Reply to
Darren J. Paul

Maybe this should be more of a reminder than a memorial to Robert (teenut) Bastow. I think he would want it this way Ellen - forgive me - he was yours. Your pain is mine. Of all the contributors here he will always be remembered when all of us others have been long forgotten. Anyone who does not know him or does not know of him - he is in the archives and there he will always live. And yes - lets agree on a universal time to raise a glass. \ Ken - EST-1 hr.

Reply to
Ken Davey

USA Eastern Standard Time.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Not a huge difference, but alright.

I think he'd get a kick out of folks 'round the world raising a glass in his name. I'd like to think that I started something unique with this back in

2002 (geez, has it been three years?). Who knows?

Ellen knows about the toast and approves. Helluva nice lady- the perfect foil to teenut.

Well said.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

The wee dram that will be quietly hoisted here in Fridley will be that which is very seldom tasted here, a Speyside single malt that was 16 years old when I bought it at a small distillery in Scotland 15 years ago and has been since saved for special occasions.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Indeed. Here's a link to some pages for anyone who wants to recall:

I was unable to locate the memorial web site that had been available in the past.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Hey Darren,

On the east coast of North America, 9:15 PM EST (21:15 hours) Jan 11, is 5 hours difference from Greenwich time, so it is 02:15 GMT (Zulu) Jan 12. I don't know where your time zone is, and I don't think that it really matters. It's the thought(s) that counts, at least to me, just like New Years "count-down".

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

A great loss even today........... cheers mate Pete (a long time reader)

Reply to
Peter

1) Type message.

2) Check spelling (ignoring complaints about spelling of beverage)

3) Exit editor

4) Drink to teenut's memory (Using Nukie Brun)

5) hit 's' to send

6) Complete Nukie Brun, while thinking of teenut, and what we have lost.

7) Continue to remainder of newsgroup

To teenut, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Raising a glass just now myself. Gone but not forgotten. It is still the day on usenet that stands out most prominently in my memory as one of shock and great sadness.

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

TeeNut,,,

'Nuff said, but I'll wander a bit.

Robert and my (first) wife passed about the same time. Cat gott'em both. (The movie Pollie? Anyway, variations on the same process) The wife and I were going thru the second trip as Robert was going thru his journey. We had a fair number of e-conversations over time, at the time I was trying to do the good thing for him, but I think it (he) made my trip a lot easier.

I do a single malt on Hazel's day, always think of Robert, my dad and baby sister. Just that Hazel and Robert are hooked up in my mind. Hope his wife is doing well.

I'm a better person having lost Hazel and Robert, Wish I was 1/2 of either one of them, I try, but I'm not a good trade for either one of them, let alone both. I'll toast a scotch this evening,,, a good touch to a missed past.

Reply to
Grif

This is Ellen- Robert's wife. I can't believe it has been 4 years. I still miss him everyday, but now I mostly remember the good times. It did my heart good to read about the annual toast to teenut. I know he is smiling down on us and raising a glass too. Things have changed in my life. I did remarry- a great guy who is so like Robert it's scary. I feel sometimes that Dave (my new husband) is Robert reincarnated. They have the same likes and mannerisms. We managed to find good homes for all of Robert's machines. It was important to me that the new owners would handle them with love and care. I do check in now and then to see familiar faces. Thanks again for paying tribute to a one-of-a-kind teenut.

Reply to
esbratton

Cheer's to you Ellen. And we miss Teenut too... I sure that the annual toast is something of a bittersweet occasion, but I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.

And yes, I too raised a glass to Teenut's (Robert to you) memory.

Reply to
Jim Levie

Thanks Brian.

And to teenut, cheers, and thank you.

Darren Paul, Brisbane, Australia.

Reply to
Darren J. Paul

Indeed. It's very dark when a bright candle burns out. To Mr. Bastow.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Thanks so much for "checking in", Ellen. We all are interested in how you are doing and keeping us up to date. It's absolutely amazing how many people Robert has "touched" over the years. I never had much of a "posting connection" with him-but I've gained so much knowledge from posts (and files) he has placed on here. He has definitely left a lasting impression on a lot of people and it was very generous of him to spread the knowledge to those in need. He continues to be a big help as many times his "files" are referenced as a good source of info. You should be very proud. Glad you're doing fine and we all wish you the very best. Keep popping in every now and again to keep us all "in line" :-) Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling