Running compressor "too slowly"

There is synthetic compressor oil. Should help. WW Grainger lists some in their catalog.

Dan

*******************

Very good stuff!

Reply to
Buerste

Thanks for the remind. I was a bit distracted when you first offered. You got email.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

There's plenty of load info on the web but if he needs any more, I've got plenty of books. I'm still working my loads for my 9's, I use IMR 700x, most people don't. But so far, I like the projectile though it's not the easiest to cast, probably because it's so small.

It seems like anytime I need Gunner's wisdom, the bastard's out of town!

Reply to
Buerste

Will do.

Reply to
Buerste

Son...the phone is close to your hand. Use it

805-732-5308

Just keep in mind Im living on PST...and dont do "early" very well, but I live in "late".

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You're just saying that 'cuz I woke you guys up at some ungodly hour on a Sunday morning. I STILL feel bad about that! I keep forgetting about that pesky time-zone thing.

OK, I think I have an extractor problem on my 1911. I bought it used with what the guy said had only 100 rounds through it. Everything points to that being the truth except the extractor looks like somebody attacked it with a file. With factory ammo, it gets 5% FTF. I have yet to get my reloads to feed right with a 200gr. SWC Keith. On the web and in my books, I see all different kinds of OALs. What specs do you use for this bullet? What should I do about the extractor? I'll try to get some pix with my new, WAY-COOL, USB 200 power video/still microscope.

I do have my .38 load dialed in! I put 100 rounds through a 1" hole from a rest. 3.0 gr. 700x 148gr. DEWC. I use 1 part Alox in 6 parts mineral spirits and it looks like thin wood stain. It's hardly noticeable on the bullets and dries hard. It WORKS! No lead, no smoke, no residue!

Reply to
Buerste

I am the same way.

My solution to pesky early morning phone calls, is that I installed a "whole house phone switch", and when I flip it, landlines are turned off. (and for those wishing to lecture me on safety, we have cell phones)

Ignoramus30280

Who cares?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I seat em with about 1/16" of lead bullet shoulder showing at the mouth of the case.

5%?.....tried changing recoil springs? Go down a couple pounds. The weapon was set up to be a combat arm..and if you are loading target velocity ammo..feed problems are likely.

Noted! Thanks!!