sacrificial anode question

How do you determine what type(mag./zinc) size and location of anode to use.I am installing 2 underground steel storm shelters,one is 5'x5' and the other is 5'x10' they are both 10 gauge steel and will be encased in concrete.I'd like to place the anodes inside so they can be replaced when needed but im not sure if they emit any hazardous gases. I have read that to large an anode will cause the paint to peel and to small of one will not prevent corrosion properly.It seems to me that several smaller anodes spread apart wold provide better coverage than one large one(is this assumtion correct?). Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Reply to
stlchlln

They keep the exact formula a big secret, but

will give you some idea what you are asking. Actually, read the entire STI site, they will tell you what you need for which size tanks, just use the square footage. gary

Reply to
Gary Owens