Shop accessories

Got a Gear Drive tap wrench for christmas. It's sweeeeeeet! I do allot of 1'sey 2'seys when tapping. Setting up the tap in the CNC is a pain, risky in titanium & have to be bottomed out anyway. Hand tapping with this puppy is the cats meow. I usually use a spring loaded scribber in the spindle to keep a standard tap handle square when starting. (thats what the center hole on the end is for) I made an accessory for the Gear Wrench- same principle only with an outer dia to align on the taper of the gear drive holder.

Now for the killer. Every time I go to the Bridgeport, I gotta hand crank the bitch all the way up or down, never fails. I found an old spline drive laying around from a Z power feed conversion. Thats the key is finding one, I would not want to make puppy. I have seen alot of broken handles around. Usually brazed back together. Turned a holder for it with 3 flats for my 1/2" Miketa. About an hour job. ARM: now happy :-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Maybe there's a market to make these?$$$$$ Not many B-ports with power feed? I'm not be the 1st guy to think of this.( saw another guy that made one - locked up in his box)

Ok enough shop talk, back to politics!

BB's #7 (Grizzly Adams? #7) Creativity is the fabric of existence But at society=92s own insistence We stifle it at every instance When it unfolds itself in innocence To children we say =93That doesn't make sense=94 Thereafter crippling it=92s presence

Reply to
cncmillgil

That is sweet! If I didn't do all my tapping in my drill press, I'd have to have one of those!

Cool. Is it spring loaded? I'd think it would have to be, to keep the drive in contact with the wrench.

Cool, too. How is the drive held in the adapter? I wonder why the B'port has such a complicated fitting?

LOL

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Saw someone selling them on eBay a while back, looked to be machined from one piece.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Recall what they were selling for?

Conservatively speaking, lets see............ Turn 5 min, cnc spline & flats10 min, misc setup, saw ect 10min say 1/2hr total material AL cost=3D $$?? 30-40+shipping&handling?? (gotta make it worth my time!) I dont know if there's a market for it, especially for cheap ass shop owners & eager beaver machinists nowadays.

Be a good promo item for machine sales? Patent it - ya right big waste of money

Reply to
cncmillgil

cncmillgil wrote: ...

"Crank Yanker", $49 "patented":