toolbox pictures

Some have nice, neat boxes. Some of us have this-
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/charliegaryrules/Tools/Toolbox001.jpg

What does your tool box look like? ;-)
Later,
Charlie

Whats under the beer cooler?

Those are my dead-nuts-just-like-each-other blocks. I won't call them 1-2-3 blocks because they're a few thou under. If'n you meant under the wrapper of the cooler, it's a Diet Pepsi can.
Later,
Charlie

Those are my dead-nuts-just-like-each-other blocks. I won't call them 1-2-3 blocks because they're a few thou under. If'n you meant under the wrapper of the cooler, it's a Diet Pepsi can.
Later,
Charlie
******** Better to have your 1-2-3 blocks a bit under, they are always getting in the way when they are to size. The stuff you grind is usually finished right at those sizes, so when you use them to block stuff in you got hitting em on your mind. A few grand under and that goes away.

.
We gave our grinder away a few years ago, but I use the blocks any time I need to make sure stuff is up on blocks AND level. ;-)

Which one? Machinist,Carpenter,Mechanic? or my 24qt (rare) milk case-o- tools in the car? They all have Holdzem's on em \|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM king
On Jun 9, 8:47pm, snipped-for-privacy@cin.net wrote:

Pick a box that shows us who you really are. ;-)
Later,
Charlie

Pick a box that shows us who you really are. ;-)
Later,
Charlie
******* Shit my toolbox is literally spread out over a 10 mile radius. I really need to get a pickup truck one of these days.

Hmm this one requires some thought & photo shoot prep. <g> I'll work on that.
I've posted these before with those stupid holders all over. There was a discussion on what people across the country & world call their tool box: roll around - roll away- I call mine "junk box". Hell nobody will know what half this shit was for once I'm gone. But I know where everything is. Its scary. Hey buddy is that a Graver in your box? What the hell's that for? Ya just do'in some hand scraping & flowering......... nothin out of the ordinary.
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/SSPX0142.jpg
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/SSPX0145.jpg
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/SSPX0146.jpg
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/SSPX0147.jpg
oh this was a photo shoot in my gargage! My $70 Gerstner I bought when I was a kid. 1977?
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/MVC-227F.JPG
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/MVC-228F.JPG
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/MVC-227F.JPG
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/MVC-229F.JPG
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/MVC-232F.JPG
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/MVC-233F.JPG
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/Mvc-234fa.jpg
I have taken individual drawer shots for my personal record of inventory. Things seem to disappear over the years....... bastards, taking a liking to unique items. that never happens. Its nice working in a 3man shop now. no 2nd shift, the place is secure, dont have to gather,put away& lock every day. ===================================================== ______ /_____/\ Best Regards, /____ \\ \ Gil Pawl /_____\ \\ / HOLDZEM /_____/ \/ / / /_____/ / \//\ West Chicago, IL \_____\//\ / / USA \_____/ / /\ / \_____/ \\ \ \_____\ \\ \_____\/

I like the floppy box.
snipped-for-privacy@cin.net wrote:

Gil:
    Gee, do you shave your arms, or what?
    Just kidding. LOL
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

No one box that I have shows who I really am but I do have a box that I take from machine to machine. How about I post a picture of those boxes?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Absolutely. Show us your box! (Good thing you're not female, or that could get me in trouble)

Here is my main toobox setup:
http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89/jonbanquer/?action=view&current=MyMainToolbox.jpg
I'm still trying to get my mobile inspection setup, mobile fixturing setup and mobile workbench setup to the point where I'm happy with them. When I do I'll post pictures of them.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Here is my main toobox setup:
http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89/jonbanquer/?action=view&current=MyMainToolbox.jpg
I'm still trying to get my mobile inspection setup, mobile fixturing setup and mobile workbench setup to the point where I'm happy with them. When I do I'll post pictures of them.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
millhand
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 14:39:44 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Trying to impress those clueless ones who frequent your shop I see. For those with experience it's pathetically obvious window dressing which SCREAMS POSEUR.*
-- Tom http://tinyurl.com/5okkgz
* http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/poseur :a person who pretends to be what he or she is not :an affected or insincere person

I had some tall stuff once. It almost fell over when I hit a 4-40 nut on the floor one day. Luckily the shop I'm in now has a lot of company tools, so I can keep my personal collection short.

With the way stuff is jammed together in most machining job shops the only choice you really have is to go up. You also have to create multiple toolboxes for different needs. That's why I'm selling off my Kennedy Versa Carts.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Highlights the beauty of a shop having company tools where needed. When something isn't good enough to get things done, it's the owner's fault, not the employee's.

Highlights the beauty of not having to find and depend on company tools that get abused because employees don't always take care of tools that aren't their own. Worse, some employees treat their own tools like "s". When you use your own tools you know what has been done with the tool / what the tools history is. Personally, I'd never want do use the dial caliper that you show on top of your toolbox. I'm sure many would have no problem using it.

That's one way of looking at it. I think it's a narrow view and it's not one I agree with.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA