DobeDave rides again

After machining spacers out of SS, machining some custom emblems, some carburetor adaptors & rebuilding everything the PO screwed up Saturday
the bike I was building for my Daughter RED (As you that have seen the Xmas Doberman party video) know why I call her Red is done.
I have finished the bike I built for my Daughter with (Chevy's my Doberman's help he's a Harley man) a 1979 Sportster XLH 1000 cc. My son tested it Saturday. Red wanted a black bike, I wanted a red bike, so that's what we got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_oz8sqxfQE

So now I got to ride mine, 1977 XLH 1000 cc, I need to fix the carb, but it runs very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PRhplMokE

Sweet Ride Dave.

Sweet! Good stuff, Dave. Gonna show us your custom parts?
Later,
Charlie
Charlie Gary wrote:

VERY sweet! I used to own a '79 sporty.
I've gone to Buells now(owned 8 of 'em now). Here's me, and my "co-pilot" :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?vjw_R1FHxk4

Some Simple stuff & I can Bondo also Charley <G>.
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/dobedave/Harley/Reds79parts/?action=view&current=red.jpg

That's nice. I'll bet she really likes that. Not everyone can have a custom cover with their name. Here's one of my buddy's Sportster that he fixed and painted after I ran over him.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/charliegaryrules/Grape%20Jelly/2009_05150189.jpg

You ran over him? The cross says RED"S I H For Iron Head which they call 57-85 Sportsters. I like that color, I painted my BSA "Bastard Stopped Again" 500 twin about that color in 1962.