machining Platinum Iridium

Anybody know where I can find feed/speed info for milling and drilling Platinum Iridium? I've checked the Machinery's Handbook 25th ed., and Machining Data Handbook 2nd ed. (CutData Machinability Data Center). Nada.

I need to mill some ~.050" slots and

Reply to
skuke

Eric R Snow

Reply to
machineman

Thanks. I did figure out that aggressive feeds were needed.

Yup. Got that right.

I do a fair amount of small diameter, thin wall tubing (various hypo tubes) and found that a really thin ThinBit works well to minimize tool pressure and prevent collapse

Thanks for the tips.

Reply to
skuke