machining Platinum Iridium

Anybody know where I can find feed/speed info for milling and drilling
Platinum Iridium? I've checked the Machinery's Handbook 25th ed., and
Machining Data Handbook 2nd ed. (CutData Machinability Data Center). Nada.
I need to mill some ~.050" slots and
Reply to
skuke
>Anybody know where I can find feed/speed info for milling and drilling >Platinum Iridium? I've checked the Machinery's Handbook 25th ed., and >Machining Data Handbook 2nd ed. (CutData Machinability Data Center). Nada. > >I need to mill some ~.050" slots and
Reply to
Eric R Snow
> Anybody know where I can find feed/speed info for milling and drilling > Platinum Iridium? I've checked the Machinery's Handbook 25th ed., and > Machining Data Handbook 2nd ed. (CutData Machinability Data Center). Nada. > > I need to mill some ~.050" slots and
Reply to
machineman
Thanks. I did figure out that aggressive feeds were needed.
Yup. Got that right.
I do a fair amount of small diameter, thin wall tubing (various hypo tubes) and found that a really thin ThinBit works well to minimize tool pressure and prevent collapse
Thanks for the tips.
Reply to
skuke