Stainless rust removal redux

Thanks for the info/reply and now some followup...

Talked to my friend and seeing he already had some Bar Keepers Friend in the kitchen sink cupboard he gave it a try first.

Said it worked great, gun cleaned up really nice with it. He's planning on selling it (he thinks he already has a buyer) so we won't know about any long term problems it may have caused...

Many thanks to everyone who commented/helped with this :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

\ Thanks for "the rest of the story."

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Well, if he neutralized any acids/bases, then rubbed it with some MAAS or other metal protector (or gun oil) he shouldn't have any problems. It was probably the lack of gun oil which allowed the rust to appear in the first place. Remind him to -maintain- his weapons, eh? (oops, which reminds me...)

Ditto.

Reply to
Larry Jaques