There's stoves , and there's STOVES

And I have one of the latter in front of my shop for repairs . This thing weighs 440 lbs . It's a very nice stove - Harman TL200 - but it was ignored for several years . So ignored that they didn't realize there was no cap on the stovepipe . Worst damage is to the "ceramic fiber afterburner" unit , it's mush - expensive to replace mush . But the problems I'm addressing are somewhat more mundane . Broken off bolts and one pivot shaft that has the actuator arm on the end broken off . The stove has seen a lot of fire just from looking , and I'm wondering if the broken bolts may have picked up enough carbon to be a problem . I'll be doing some soaking of the rest of the bolts I need to pull . Probably mix up a small batch of Ed's Red for this one .

Reply to
Snag

In 1959 I spent a few days working at a major railway marshalling yard and had my meals at the dinning hall for train crews - at that time, all you could eat came to under a dollar. The cook was a retired engine driver and all cooking was done on a coal fired, cast iron cook stove, large and heavy enough that instead of legs, it was set in a crib of sand built up through the floor. Best meals I had in forty years on the road!

Reply to
Gerry