Top Shot Season 2 begins

History Channel.

Solid colored billiard balls on top of posts, ranging in distance from 25 to 50 feet from ~2' square platforms (firing line). Starting point is 30 yards behind the firing line. Run to the table to get the heart pumping a bit, pick up the 1911, go to the appropriate platform (have to shoot balls in ascending order, but the platforms/targets aren't in sequence). Oh yeah, the striped balls are in front of the solids. You have to shoot "around" the striped to get to the solid. Run back to the start to tag the next team member... and it's foggy out. Red team: 12+ minutes Blue team: 23+ minutes

Am I the only one who watched Season 1 ? With all the shooters on this group, I'm surprised there isn't more interest.

I have it programmed on the DVR, so watched it tonight, but I guess it must have been on last night.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

watched first episode of season one, did not like the "Survivor" type elimination. lost interest. I wish they would just have all the shooters shoot every competition and see who really wins in the end.

But then again there are very few people in Hollywood with the balls to come up with a unique theme for a new show.

Survivor is more about making friends, deals, and backstabbing then surviving.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

It's not a shooting show. Its a survivor ripoff. Teams, for fsck's sake. Voting off people, for fsck's sake. Lots of useless, tedious BS. Waste of time to watch, and "the winner" whoever that was (I stopped wasting my time on it) certainly was not "the best shot with anything", since most of the contestants didn't get to do many of the things.

Contrived BS. Grab a box of pellets and spend an hour shooting an air rifle, it would be a much better use of your time.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

(Steve, it's TEE VEE. Just Say No!)

Indeed. I save $70/mo by -not- watching crap on TV (mind sucking.) It leaves a lot of time to read (mind enhancing) and work on projects (mind and body enhancing.)

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, the elimination round where everyone gets to watch who you vote for is crappy. I thought it might be better to have all the shooters fire at once, then score the targets to see who has to leave. But they want that forced drama.

They are also mucking up the latest gun program, "Sons of Guns" on the Discovery channel. It follows the daily life of a custom gun shop that makes a lot of class 3 weapons. But you don't get to watch much machining, mostly artificial tension. The camera freezes a face shot of a gunsmith and, "Oh no!", "Will the triggers meet the customers approval or will the shop eat $10,000 worth of rifles they can't sell?"

Trying to come up with the next Choppers show, I guess.

Reply to
DT

How much time do you spend modeling lingerie? ...post pictures, I will if you will.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

One, the show isn't about the best shot. Two, the votes are based on personalities and not performance. Three, they run the damn program so many times over and over and over that one has problems finding new episodes in all the reruns. Lastly, all the pyrotechnics are a bit boring, and some can be caused by ricochchets or fragmented bullets of missed shots that didn't hit their mark.

They need the show to be arranged by shooters rather than drama queens (of both sex) who want explosions, fire, bitch fights, and boring dramas.

I still watch it, but usually if it is the only thing on.

Oh, and Colby is a nice fellow, but he's a bit of a drama queen himself, and at times looks like the deer in the headlight. At other times, he looks very inexperienced.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend. Download the book.

Steve B

You may wear it, Yer Pinkness, but I only view it on sexy women.

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I watched all of Season 1 in a couple days when they re-ran the series. I sure enjoyed it.

I'll set my DVR.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I hate to be a stick in the mud here but if the State or Federal EPA gets wind of what you are planning to do all H&*@ will break out and you could see big fines and possible jail time.

Laws were just changed last year requiring full bunny suit and hazards waste disposal for the paint chips if the house has lead paint.. Get caught breaking the rules and the contractor/homeowner sees $33k/day in fines. You are talking about tons of lead and lead dust.

The company I work for used to have a shotgun range just outside the gate. Five years ago they decided to develop the land and ended up spending several million dollars cleaning up the lead. Needles to say we didn=E2=80=99t get a new shotgun range=EF=81=8C

I thnk the lead laws are stupid there are a lot worse hazards that are compleatly unregulated.

Reply to
toolbreaker

Ops wrong topic

Reply to
toolbreaker

I thought Tom was a lesbian........?? Did something change? Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

I know Larry WANTS to, he just need a little push.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I've heard that if one becomes bisexual, it doubles their chances of gettin' lucky on Saturday night.

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Or, it doubles the number of people they strike out with. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, they couldn't have taken a cue from the Army where individuals are put into squads, could they. I mean really, squads, for fsck's sake???

Peole don't get voted off, strictly speaking. As long as you can shoot better than your opponent, you CAN'T be voted off.

Yup. High speed photography of stuff exploding. Oh wait, that's part of the appeal.

Of course not. They were determined to be lousy shots before they got to "everything." Take professional bowling. Does everybody get to bowl the same number of games? No! The early losers get eliminated!

Last one eliminated. IPSC champ for 3 years. You'd THINK she could shoot a pistol... and obviously she can. In controlled, stress-free situations. She went home after not hitting a SINGLE TARGET. Missing with the Sharps you might expect. She's a pistol shooter. But to miss every single billiard ball in episode 1 with the 1911, and then to miss big ol' jugs filled with colored water in episode 2 with a .38 revolver, and then to start doing a pray'n'spray with the Tommy gun in the elimination. Hey. She desevered to go home as much as anyone, and more than most.

Do you think the vote should have gone any other way?

When it boils down to it, pretty much every show is contrived BS.

At least you got that right. ;-)

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Click, whirrr...

Click, whirrr... All tee vee is mind sucking as all reading is mind enhancing. BTW, how was Snookie's book? Have you read that yet? Let me know once you've had your mind enhanced thusly! ;-)

You missed episode 1 where they all dialed 1911.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Four people hit billiard balls. Four hit NO billiard balls. The two who went to the elimination were chosen from the four who HIT NOTHING... so I have to disagree. Votes WERE based on performance.

One may, but my DVR has a tick box to record only new episodes. I have no problem at all finding them since I don't have to.

Get them to televise the IPCS and similar. See if there would be an audience.

Me too. My DVR has prioritization. Top Shot is WAY down at the bottom. It only records if there's nothing better on. Right now, there isn't.

I get REAL tired of the shot by shot announcement. John HITS his first target! John OBLITERATES his second target! John absolutely EXPLODES his third target!

EVERY shot has to be announced like that? To me, THAT is the most irritating part of the show.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Just don't let it suck your mind. ;-)

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Who the heck is Snookie? Some TV poisonality?

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques