Top Shot Season 2 begins

There's a popular "reality show" called Jersey Shore, wherein the characters mostly party, tan, fight, and workout. I could have be off there, never having seen the show... BUT, Snooki is one of the characters, apparently of exceeding intellect, since she has a NYT bestseller.

"The tanned, big-haired, slightly illiterate spitfire that is Snooki has somehow made the New York Times bestseller list."

Reply to
Steve Ackman

OH, NO! You mean to tell me that I'm MISSING AN EYETALYUN MAFIA REALITY SHOW? How will I get into heaven after that oversight? I stood almost twenty seconds of her interview (about being arrested for being drunk in public) before running to the bathroom to throw up.

Thank you, Steve, for giving me steely reinforcement in my decision to never turn on another television show. Every time I turn it on or see tidbits of broadcast TV I'm aghast at having ever turned it on in the first place. No wonder the world laughs at Americans...

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

This show has as much to do with shooting guns as being able to survive has to do with Survivor. A real life live or die, eat or starve competition survival situation would not draw the audience as the drama queen backstabbing lying conniving show. And a real shooting show wouldn't draw anywhere near the audience this soap opera does.

They must get paid good, because they surely make fools of themselves.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I've heard little tids and bits such that I've never bothered looking her up.

So. Reading her book would enhance your mind... as I recall your previous logic. ;-) After all, it IS on the NYT bestseller list. Hey, books are ust as filled with pablum and dreck as tee vee.

I accidentally saw a few seconds of "local" news we get here. Actually, it's hundreds of miles away, but as local as it gets. I always end up "talking back" to it. Apparently English is no longer a requirement to become a "reporter."

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Those shows, when the star is in dire straits, starving to death or dying of thirst or whatever, I always wonder, "Why don't they ask the guy with the camera?"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I hope that you're kidding. Some losers would do anything to be on TV, without being paid.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Shooting a thousand rounds downrange through guns in 40 minutes has nothing to do with shooting guns?

Reply to
Steve Ackman