Update on counter relay contact bounce

Thanks for the help but it's a moot point now. We were using a 1/2 hp DC motor to reset a brush machine from the last hole to the first hole by advancing a 108 tooth ratchet wheel 8 teeth. After two motor failures and one controller failure, I give up on the idea. This type of machine comes from the factory with an air cylinder that rides the ratchet and has simple threaded rods with nuts to set the stroke limit. But, this assembly is $600, thus the DC motor set-up cost me $200...but a lot of grief and lost production. I traded another brush company some repair work on some machine parts for a used air cylinder set-up that only needed new threaded rods and some Stelite on the tooth picker. Oh well, so much for high-tech! The counter is now hooked-up to the limit switch that used to stop the DC motor, no problem.

I learned valuable lessons here: (But I don't WANT to learn valuable lessons anymore.)

"Cheaper is good but only if it's better." "Don't reinvent the wheel unless you HAVE to! " "Simple is almost always better." "Creativity only counts when it's practical."

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"Tom Gardner" wrote in news:MBhWh.11724$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

Hadn't heard of the KISS principle? (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Reply to
Anthony

Reply to
RoyJ

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... "

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany