Victor type 17 torch tips

Hi all Anyone know of aplace that sells victor type 17 welding tips (for J type torch), preferably in Florida or online?. I need 4-W-J and 6-W-J. Goss seems to have equivalents but has no online ordering. As an alternative, it's possible to remove the elbow form the mixing nut (these tips come always with the nut) and replace it with another elbow on a per need basis? I have not tried it afraid of damaging the tip.

Any help thanked in advance,

Regards,

Mongke

Reply to
mongke

MSC used to carry them, try

I've never seen "type

17" used in referring to the J handle tips, they just have the "x-W-x" on the packages hanging on the hooks at the welding supply here. I've never seen the tips by themselves, they always come with the seals and nuts. Have you got tips that are damaged or what? I've got one #2 tip that's had a lot of use and the orfice has become enlarged. I've been going to make up a swage to close it down and redrill it to get it usable again. Just haven't gotten around to it yet, a replacement #2 was available off the hooks, cheap, so that's what I got.

Now, Victor used to catalog a type of tip compatible with their handles that had a removable and replaceable tip orfice, the mixer and retaining nut were separate from that. That always seemed to be a smart way of doing things if you were in the habit of wearing out a lot of tips. The orfices were about half the cost of the all-in-one type of tip. The only problem I could see with that is how they sealed the orfice to the mixer body, if that seal became damaged, you could have some interesting effects at the tip. Also the whole thing was more expensive than the all-in-one type, you'd have to really use up a lot of orfices up to make it pay off. I don't use a torch that much, so I've never pursued it further.

Stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer

Try Victor's headquaters in Denton, Texas....A quick look at the home page showed a whole bunch of WJ series tips with and without the nuts.

Craig C. snipped-for-privacy@ev1.net

Reply to
Craig

No the tip I got is fine. Just tough the elbow coudl be exchanged for another to suit need. Anyway I found the tips at WEldingDepot and ordered form them. Turns out I had to look for "W-J" and not for "x-W-J"

Thanks

Mongke

Reply to
mongke