Water line and temp

It has turned unusually cold here. I used that black poly line to run water line before it got cold. I tested the line, seemed to have no
leaks. I then turned the water off to the building. (I have a cut out uner the house). I also opened the spigots at the end of the line to drain water out.

the line by hand I could hear ice crackling in there like when hose is left outside and has frozen. Will this have caused damage?

Add pictures here
✖
Maybe, you won't know until you apply pressure and check for flow. Steve

Add pictures here
✖

Why would someone deliberately flex a pipe they suspected was frozen? Of course it could have caused damage. You won't know until it thaws.
I don't know how many hundreds of feet of pipe you had to run, but you've had weeks since you started; 'seems like burying it as Winter neared would have been a priority. It's too late to cry over now, either way.
LLoyd
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 5, 1:34 pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

I did not flex the pipe I was starting to fill the ditch with dirt and hand tamping areas around the pipe when I noticed the sound which caused me to investigate further.
The reason it took so long is I have to work totally alone and I had to run three other lines of consuit in the same ditch which took time. I also only had a few days off work and weekends.
Add pictures here
✖

So, what you're saying is the pipe was not fully supported in the ditch.... OhhhhKay... (stryped, that sort of translates to "flexing a pipe you suspected was frozen".)
As to your schedule -- eh... everybody with a job has that sort of schedule. The trick is to _plan_ critical tasks so they get done in time to dodge the grasp of the grim reaper. A lack of foresight may have cost you re-doing the job.
LLoyd
Add pictures here
✖