Welding machines and the economy

Having sold several welders recently, I am very surprised to find out that the economic slowdown has not diminished prices or demand for
welding machines (of course I never try to ask too much). Used welders sell like hot cakes.
Doesn't surprise me in the least. Main stream shops are not going to buy anything used. These days they are unlikely to buy anything new either. The small shops or part timers are the market for the used machines, they have PLENTY of extra time these days.
Ignoramus6517 wrote:

Also, I would like to somewhat disagree, or maybe just add, that many shops that bought new, would now much more seriously consider buying used to save $$.
That aircrafter that I mentioned earlier, is already gone, 'fer instance.