Syncrowave 250DX Good Deal?

Looks pretty new, not sure if it has the water cooler, maybe the fill cap on the side view?

A bit out of my price range but if I sell something or seller wants to trade... maybe

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

It is not the kind of price to brag about, but OK.

Ignoramus9135

You should be able to verify on the Miller site. It certainly does appear to have an integral cooler.

Seems to be a good deal for a near new machine, torch, torch cable cover, stick welding cable and electrode holder, foot pedal, etc.

Reply to
Pete C.

I've seen several on eBay asking $2500 plus for the older style, not DX, syncrowave 250's. If this is the $4500-$5000 outfit like new for about half price it doesn't sound too bad.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

It's OK, especially if you need one to make money with it.

Ignoramus9135

I'll probably pass unless I sell something right away and think I gotta have it. It's the only $2500 syncrowave 250 that I've been tempted to buy.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

The current models on Miller's website sit on top of a black bottom water cooler. The one in the listing is about 135 miles away and it looks more like a current model than many I have seen on eBay for that much or more money. I guess I'd say it looks like a better buy than most I see on eBay. Such as...

?pt=BI_Welders&hash=item483efc2d46

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

You have taken the first two steps: identifying what machine you want, and what they are selling for. Now decide how much you want to spend and watch for a deal. Unless you just want or need it, then set a top figure and wait for one. I put WANTED ads for a lot of things I am looking for, and have come up with some incredible deals from people who were "thinking about" selling one thing or another, and I got to them before they put it on the market. If it's a real deal, the first guy there is going to snatch it, and you're going to be out of luck as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank.

If things get better around here, that's the machine I'd buy in a second. And $2500 is my budget. But FIRST, I'd advertise for a couple of weeks/months to find a "motivated" seller.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend. Download the book.

Steve B

I've been waiting for Iggy to find me one for $5 but so far he hasn't came through! :-) For what they are asking for older models, I've been considering getting a brand new one for ~$2600 supply only. I already have an old Miller 330A/BP with a good water cooler and torch so the price of the supply should be all I need.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Roger, one more thing. Due to the "Obama recovery", the prices on used machines are going through the roof and good deals are much harder to find. That Syncrowave seems to be gone already.

I recently participated in an auction where a community college welding class/shop was liquidated. I got a killer deal on welding rod. The welders, though, sold for outrageous prices. One bidder got most of the welders and he paid top dollar, with no shortage of others driving up the prices. I do not recall the machines, most were red and not blue, but something like that Syncrowave 250dx, would sell for

2,5-3k if it was there.

Everyone seems to have developed a hunger for used equipment. It is NOTHING like it was 1-2 years ago.

Ignoramus9135

At some point used equipment may exceed new prices, if fear of not being able to meet demand for not having a machine overtakes fear of not being able to pay for it.

Saw prices for some CNC stuff going for 60-70% of new for a 5 year-old machine, when premiums and such are taken into account. IMHO, that's probably above new price pro-rated on life.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Ok, OK, see if you can find me one for $50 then! :-)

I like the Miller Diversion 180 TIG welder I bought last year, doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the syncrowave but it seems to weld good, runs on 120 or 240 volts, and is light enough to carry. I'm still watching for a bargain on a Syncrowave 250 though, other than price and weight, it sounds like the perfect home shop TIG/Stick welder.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I love my Syncrowave 250.