went ahead and did the shop fan

wallster wrote: (clip) now if she complains, I just say, "hey, the fans on honey!" ^^^^^^^^^^^^ You could have accomplished that with a small muffin fan.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Well i went ahead and made a small inexpensive (about $100. total) exhaust system for my garage/ shop by using a 110cfm bathroom fan. I posted them in the dropbox under "exhaust_fan" pics. It works pretty good, and it clammed up the old lady, now if she complains, I just say, "hey, the fans on honey!" : ) check it out. walt

Reply to
wallster

all the muffin fans i have seen (for use in audio/electronics cooling) only blow approx 15-35 cfm. Larger muffin fans would have been more expensive and then i would have to make a box to mount it. So for cost per performance reasons, (110 cfm fan with box, ready to install) the $58. exhaust fan was the right choice I believe. Now that i have used it for a few days, it really does help the smell and smoke factor. walt

Reply to
wallsterr

Hey Walt, your's is done and you're happy with the results. I'm not going to argue with that. :-)

I will say that in my garage I used an attic fan (~$45) and the associated louver kit (~$25?) from home depot. It pulls a lot more air than your setup (~1100 cfm?) but is probably louder and uses more electricity than your setup.

Jay

Reply to
JJ

Jay, sounds awesome. You must have to take your hat off before you turn that baby on! There is something to be said regarding noise. I just had my shopvac running while i was sandblasting, then the compressor kicked in, i'm feeling pretty hard of hearing tonight! enjoy, walt

Reply to
wallster