whirl-a-gigs

So I'm working on a multizone hydronic heatpump err coolpump system.

I have the oft-encountered problem - all I have are pressure gauges but I need to know volume. What I need are those whirling flow indicators to put in line.

The lines are ~0.375" PEX so it's not much volume, but some loops seem to have far less than others.

Suggestions as to sources?

Reply to
David Lesher

Flow meter.

But usually hydronic systems just zone valves and temperature sensing.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Alas, far too pricy; I'm just looking for visual observation, not precision measurements.

Which is why there's an issue here...no way to observe flow.

Reply to
David Lesher

If you only need to meter one circuit at a time, there is a near-positive displacement one in most of the newer water softener units; perhaps you can oder from sears or someplace and adapt...not sure what the sensor is but a single hall should do it.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Perhaps you need something like this:

google "PEX flow meter" there are several other hits. A lot of pex manifolds seem to have optional flow meters that can be attached.

Reply to
anorton

Maybe a differential pressure gauge across a known flow impedance. (I don't have any sources.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

How about one for a garden hose.