WTD Info on Tapmatic 700X and info on Tapmatics

Anyone know anything about the Tapmatic 700X? I can't find any info on this model. I think it taps up to a 1/2"

What are the benefits to a Tapmatic vs. power tapping on the Bridgeport?

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

I don't know anything that's particular to the 700x but MSC will tell you all you need. As far as using a tapping goes one HUGE reason is speed. You can tap much faster with a tapping head. Like 8-32 holes at

1200 rpm. Try that power tapping. Also, depending on the brand and model the torque can be set. So if the tap gets dull or the hole isn't deep enough. etc., the spindle stops instead of breaking the tap. The depth of the threads can be held close. Especially nice when bottom tapping. ERS
Reply to
Eric R Snow

Marty,

The Tapmatic website has info on the 70X, I didn't see a 700X.

Once you have it adjusted, it makes tapping multiple holes really easy and foolproof. The device has a clutch that auto-reverses when you pull up on the quill feed. I don't know if there is a big advantage if you were just tapping one hole, but if you have multiple parts it is really handy.

George

Reply to
alderotes

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (alderotes) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Thanks George, I found that info and read up on it. I should come bother you for a demo. I'll bring the 700X with me to compare with the one you have. I emailed Tapmatic and asked about it. My guess is that its an obsolete older unit, but it appears to be in very good condition. We'll see how responsive Tapmatic is.

I can tell you Aloris was EXTREMELY intersted in my BXA dilemma, where holders would fit one of their BXA posts but not the other. They asked me to ship them all back including the ones that don't fit so they can examine them. They said there may be a little to no charge for this. I'll report back on that one too....

Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega